Sunday 20 July 2014

Reading Update

As a reader I enjoy reading books with a plot which engages me. The plot for twilight failed to set my imagination alight, so I stopped reading it. I am currently reading the Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb.

The Royal Assassin is the second book in the Farseer Trilogy; a trilogy focusing on royal politics, assassinating people and two branches of complex magic. The two branches of magic are the Skill and the Wit, which I will not be discussing in this blog post (spoilers). Royal Assassin is like other fantasy books I have read as it has plenty of world building, combined with interesting characters and a plot to keep you guessing. A full review of Royal Assassin will be posted not long after I finish reading the book.

As a glorified bookworm, one does enjoy the pleasure of reading a good book. On a daily basis I suffer from anxiety. Reading a good book helps distract the mind to reduce my anxiety. A big reason why reading is one of my favourite pastimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment