Saturday 3 January 2015

Happy New Year

It is the new year and I have decided to set myself some reading resolutions. I often fall into the habit of re-reading my favourite books. Well, this stops now. I aim to read mostly new books that I have not read.

With my Christmas money I have bought 'The Final Empire' by Brandon Sanderson. I really want to read more different fantasy novels. Currently I am reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman, which I am really enjoying. A book review should be up in a few days time.

I also plan to read more classics, including the Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights. As a reader I really like the fact that there are so many different books to choose from. For example, I have also bought Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs which contains old photographs to add to the story of the book. I am ready to try anything new and interesting. Reading for pleasure for me means reading a book you enjoy, though new books often surprise me.

My plan for this blog is to review at least 3 books a month, starting with American Gods.

New releases that I am looking forward to include Armada by Ernest Cline and The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett. In terms of films I cannot wait to see the Avengers: Age of Ultron and The Theory of Everything.

Happy new year, and keep reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment