Thursday 11 June 2015

Out of this World Book Challenge

There is a lot of negativity in the world today, so I am challenging myself to a unique challenge. The challenge is to read books that take me out of the world and help change the way I view the world. This involves several reading challenges.

  1. Read a fantasy book.
  2. Read a classic piece of literature written before 1900.
  3. Read a classic piece of literature written before 1800.
  4. Read a book by an author that I have not read.
  5. Read poetry daily.
  6. Read a book that I have not read in a while.
  7. Read a Science Fiction book.
  8. Read a book that was translated into my native language.

The idea of this challenge is to wider my horizons about the world. As a bonus challenge I also intend to read the diary of Anne Frank to get an insight into the cruel reality of living in fear of your life.

I hope to finish this challenge no later than late August, so I better get on reading then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment