Saturday 7 February 2015

January wrap up and February TBR

In January I managed to read quite a lot. I have found a new author that I like in Brandon Sanderson and have read the first two books in the Mistborn Trilogy. The magic system in Mistborn is genius and I love the character development. I will certainly read more of Sanderson's other book series and finish off the Mistborn trilogy. 

Also, I finally have read the last book in the Chronicles of Narnia, The Last Battle, by C.S. Lewis. It ties up the series perfectly and I am a fan of the quality of C.S. Lewis's writing style. Moreover, it is interesting to read influential books in the development of the fantasy genre. Fantasy is my favourite book genre and I plan to read a lot more fantasy books this year. 

I have also read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, which was an unusual and interesting read. Though it felt like it ended too soon, so I really need to get my hands on Hallow City soon. I also re-read Jingo by Terry Pratchett, which is clever and funny. 

At the start of this month I have finished A Tale of Two Cites by Charles Dickens, which was an intense and enjoyable read. In February I plan read the rest of the Inkworld trilogy by Cornelia Funke, I have read Inkheart. I also intend to read the last book in the Mistborn trilogy. There are other books I may read this month but I have not fully decided on those yet. 

I am currently re-reading The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment